Ok so I have a lot to catch up with but give me a break I just had a baby. Ok so this was the day I received Maeve. Our whole group met at the White Swan and got on a bus for the civil affairs office. We took the elevator up to the 8th floor and the doors opened up to a wild scene. Not only were the 14 families in our group getting babies but there were quite a few more agencies with families there. It was loud with a lot of anxious, terrified and extremely happy parents. There were a lot of tears flowing because the emotion had to be released somehow. The babies were in a separate room that all the parents to be kept trying to sneak a peek.
All at once Catherine (my Holt guide) called my name and there was Maeve coming through the curtain. I worked hard not to cry just like I did with Dani. I didn’t want to freak her out anymore than she already was. I mean she had to have been thinking, “Who the hell is this white chick with funny red hair?” But she didn’t cry or freak out. She was getting anxious about all the noise because there were some babies that were wailing. I took her into the hallway away from the noise and we sat and got to know each other.
Later, I had the opportunity to talk with her nanny and the orphanage director. They answered my questions and gave me a present that included a bottle, a toy for her, the picture album I had sent and another picture album of Maeve with some new pictures. We took some pictures and then it was time to leave. I was so overwhelmed that after three long years my dream had come true. I think I was in shock. Having this baby that I hadn’t know existed 3 months ago in my arms was breathtaking!
Just a quick post with some pics of the new little one!
7 comments:
HOORAY for you!! She looks like one tough little cookie, but that dress is adorable :) Hope you are bonding well. I'll print this for your mom and dani. No worries. ENJOY!
Congratulations to MaryKate. Maeve is adorable! Kelly likes the pics of the pool and she swims in the rain too. She was so happy with the pics of the worms and thinks they are "bad" to eat. Although, I think it is good practice for the Amazing Race if you could get MK to leave the girls.
Oh, she is beautiful! Crying tears of joy for you MK and your new family of three. Next Monday we will celebrate our 4th family day with Alex and this is bringing back such memories. Hooray for such a happy moment after all this waiting.
Congratulations!!! Finally single with two. Maeve is beautiful, but needs to smile. I am sure you will get the first smile in just a few hours. We are so happy for you, everyone is asking if you have her yet.
Hugs, Carolyn and Daughters.
Tomorrow when I am back at work, I will be showing ALL THE GIRLS at RPL!!! Oh, they will all be excited to see. MaryKate -- see I told you, "Good things come to those who wait.(and now you don't have to any more.)" Looking forward to meeting the newest Cullinan. Congratulations - Love,
PS- I wouldn't eat any of those squilly things -- I don't even like my pasta in the shape of spaghetti.
Hey Mar, it's Mar!
I can't believe how fast this day has come! (though probably not for you!) Congrats and looking forward to seeing your newest addition!
Luv ya!
Mar
Mary Kate, Maeve is so precious! It looks like she has really bonded with you! She knows how lucky she is to have such a great mom. I am sending the pictures to Shoshanna. All of us Schnaidmans are so proud of you and can't wait to meet the 'new additon'. I am crying now and it is hard to type so I will add something later.
Love Esther
Post a Comment