Sunday, July 6, 2008

This is the day . . . 07-07-2008

Today is the day that we go to the civil affairs office so that Mary Kate can finally meet Maeve and bring her back to our hotel. MK has only been counting the HOURS for a few days now.

Yesterday was the Holt orientation where they surprised the parents with a little pop quiz, which included new pictures of all the kids that the parents had to pick out as their own! MK of course knew Maeve right away and was yelling that She was hers!
Then we went to lunch at a local place that MK and I remembered walking by last time. We never ate there because, well, to be honest, there were things hanging in the windows that weren't appealing and there were interesting creatures to select from that were still ALIVE and intended to be a meal.

We skipped the walking tour (which I believe was ultimately cancelled due to rain) and the Chen Family Academy because of the rain. Instead, we napped. I'm relatively certain that the napping will cease once we have Maeve!

In the its a small world news, there is a guy here who is adopting but his wife couldn't make the trip. He brought his sister and brother-in-law with him. They are all from NJ too. I thought that the dad looked familiar, but I often think people look familiar (I think it goes with my strong deja vu sense). We sat with them at the group lunch and as it turns out, he lives in Neptune! And his sister and bro-in-law used to live in Bradley Beach! They all had been in the Library. Weird, huh?

1 comment:

MelissaS said...

Know that we're here counting the hours with you!! I hope all goes well and Karen, you are able to juggle all the photo equipment :)