Thursday, July 3, 2008

And we're off!

Well, my plane takes off in 4 hours and I have finally finished packing. I started last night with the help of my wonderful daughter Dani so I didn't have much to do this morning. Dani was so stoic this morning when I kissed her at Kindercare. She 's one tough cookie. I wish she knew that she didn't have to be so tough at the tender age of 4. But that is just one of the things I love about her.

Her sister, Maeve, who I will FINALLY meet on Monday July 7, 2008 has a very different personality I think. She seems more vulnerable and soft. I know she has to be tough to survive in the orphanage but I can't wait to get her and let her know that she doesn't have to be tough anymore. She has a whole family back in the US just waiting to love and welcome her. Which is just what they did for Dani. I've got the best family. Hello Cullinans and Amatos.

I may not be able to post till I get to China on Saturday so I will leave you with pictures of the two most important people in my life.

Mommy









1 comment:

E.S. said...

Hi Mary Kate and Karen,
I am so happy you are doing this blog so we can keep up with your adventures in China. It is hard to believe that this day has finally come. I just cannot wait to see little Maeve! She is so lucky to be getting such a wonderful mom and grandma and big sis. Looking forward to the next installment of the blog.

Esther