Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Its Wednesday! 7-9-08

Well, we're bored on Shamian Island. MK and I both thought that we might be, but I guess I didn't realize how deadly dull the island is!
Maeve is absolutely adorable. But she is sick, poor little thing! She has bronchitis and a rattling cough. We went to the Western Clinic in GuangZhou. The doctor seemed very knowledgeable and nice. He gave MK lots of meds to give to Maeve. This is great, for making her feel better. Not so great for helping her to like us and love MK! She does not like when we force medicine down her throat in a dropper. Have you ever tried to pill a cat?? That would be cake compared to this! MK has to wrap her in a towel and pry her mouth open so I can shoot the meds in and HOPE that she swallows! If only she understood that we were really helping and not trying to make her miserable, it might be better. (Or if we only had a 3rd person to take pictures, says MK)

Last night we went to Lucy's with Julie and Kirsten and Eric. It was great to socialize with another family! Otherwise, we've gotten something at Starbuck's every day since arriving. The breakfast buffet is interesting at the Victory. Not bad, just different. Any of you that know that last time I had bacon every day may realize that I haven't mentioned the bacon. Only every other day does it look cooked enough to actually eat. So I haven't had it much.

Any of you that know MK's skill with math will appreciate that she and I discovered the scale. We decided to weigh ourselves the first day to see if we lost any weight during the heat and sweating of the trip. Of course, I get on the scale and MK asks me how many kilometers am I. Hmmmm. Interesting. But in good news, we have both lost a kilometer each!

We are now off to do a little baby shopping at the CarreFour store and then to the PSB for some more paperwork!!

2 comments:

FireBreathingMetalGod said...

Wow, You are having to go without bacon... I would normally suggest you start a protest but I hear they have tanks to take care of that sort of thing.

It could be worse with the medication. She could start to like it that way. Soon you could be shooting all her food straight down her throat.

Jodi said...

When will you be back in the states???????? Once the baby is feeling better, things will go a little more smoothly. Keeping you in our prayers. Love, Jodi